Very busy, and it's very late so today is going to be brief.
We finished making the wall, it's beautiful. I described it as perfect, Jean-Louis describes it as better than perfect. Once we were done, we took a hard earned tea break and I enjoyed some jam made from a fruit I couldn't identify.
Jean-Louis seemed very happy with himself, as though he had earned a little break to tool about on the internet. I decided to excuse myself and contact Daphnee.
Daphnee is the proprietor of the apartment that my american friend might be staying in once she gets here. She asked if I could check it out and take some pictures before she committed to that apartemnt, so I decided to drop in. I called Daphnee, she was very nice on the phone, occasionally dropping in a couple english words for my benefit. I understood her french fine, and arranged a meeting for 4:30 that afternoon. I took the bus downtown, did some shopping, and then hovered outside the apartment waiting for daphnee. She showed up right on time, right after I had finished asking a random elderly woman if she was Daphnee.
The apartment was great, good location with solid furnishings and cheerful roommates. It was fun speaking to the roommates and daphnee in French, it felt very natural.
Once I got back, Claire was at the Caravan waiting for me. She's a very nice Canadian girl, we talked for a while about our travels (hers are more interesting I think). She's a vegetarian, so she made lentils and I made latkes for dinner, which went surprisingly well together.
She showed me that one of the bags of herbs that I couldn't identify was actually tea. Really good tea.
We talked for quite I while, it grew late, and the thought of getting a good night's sleep tomorrow started to take priority over writing an all inclusive blog post.
Night!
No comments:
Post a Comment